Doggies at the airport * July 2013

I told you about my dad Heiko working at the Frankfurt airport, right?

But before telling you a bit I would like to take you a bit back in time.
I still remember when I flew from OMA via JFK to MUC
in 2010 with my beloved daddy Troy.

Have you ever seen my mileage card?


Of course you know about humans travelling, 
but did you know that at Frankfurt airport they have a special check-counter for pets?

Like any other passenger, also my four-legged friends have to register at the counter.
If pets are small enough, they can just sneak into a bag
and they will be taken on board, like I did it back then when I was still a puppy.

If you are already grown and too tall, you have to be shipped in the belly
of the airplane, in a big plastic box.
I have also got one.




So look, now we have arrived at counter 446.
Many of the boxes are still empty,
as the pets are taking a last walk before they have to stay in there
for the entire flight,
but the compartment where they travel is heated,
so there is no harm,
of course it is loud and dark, but you gotta do what you gotto do...



At Frankfurt airport you even find the "Animal Lounge",
for all kinds of animals, from fish to horses or elephants.

 

After this is done, special "Live Animal" vans take the boxes to the airplane,
where they are going to be loaded into the belly.

Unlike regular cargo we cannot wait in the cold or the heat
out there on the apron.


And then, sooner or later, the animal are going to be
in the belly of the airplane.
 When everything is stowed away, the last belly doors close,
and the plane leaves.

and hopefully flies into the right direction...



But being honest, I am quite happy that I can stay at home with such a heat.
Uffa, I have a new friend, humans call it "Ventilator",
I just love him ;-)


 New York is everywhere at the airport in Frankfurt.




There is even advertising, 
dogs are just tooooo cute!!!